Health Unit Coordinator (HUC) - Full Time - PM Shift/No Weekends- Med/Surg
Aspirus Divine Savior Healthcare
Work Hours: 3:00pm-11:30pm, M-F
Shifts: Evening Shift
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs as part of the nursing team in non-clinical tasks and coordinates activities of the unit. Provides supportive services, direct and indirect patient care, organizes and coordinates efficient delivery of care under the supervision of an RN.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for a Health Unit Coordinator (HUC):
- Performs and coordinates clerical activities on the unit to promote
patient/resident focused care.
- Accurately transcribes orders to appropriate areas in the chart.
- Efficiently and appropriately utilizes office equipment.
- Accurately locates and organizes the medical record for admissions, discharges and transfers.
- Documents according to established standards
- Performs various tasks as delegated by the Registered Nurse
- Effectively and accurately communicates pertinent information to various departments and/or personnel
- Assists other nursing team members through the steps of the nursing process.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as opportunities arise, such as CNA duties.
Educational Qualifications for a Health Unit Coordinator (HUC):
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Certificate from a vocational or technical college in health unit coordination, experience in a healthcare related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient computer and typing skills.
Current certification as a Nursing Assistant is required.
Work Relationship for a Health Unit Coordinator (HUC):
- Reports directly to the Nursing Director of the department.
- Works regularly with nursing, medical and other patient care departments.
- Regular contact with patients, residents, families, volunteers and public.