HEALTH UNIT COORDINATOR - EVERY 3RD WEEKEND - 5AM-5PM
Aspirus Divine Savior Healthcare
For a 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Health Unit Coordinator (HUC) to work in our Emergency Department in Portage, WI. This person performs as part of the nursing team in non-clinical tasks and coordinates activities of the unit. Provides supportive services, direct and indirect patient care, organizes and coordinates efficient delivery of care under the supervision of an RN.
- Performs and coordinates clerical activities on the unit to promote patient/resident focused care.
- Accurately transcribes orders to appropriate areas in the chart.
- Efficiently and appropriately utilizes office equipment.
- Accurately locates and organizes the medical record for admissions, discharges and transfers.
- Documents according to established standards
- Performs various tasks as delegated by the Registered Nurse
- Effectively and accurately communicates pertinent information to various departments and/or personnel
- Assists other nursing team members through the steps of the nursing process.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as opportunities arise, such as CNA duties.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Certificate from a vocational or technical college in health unit coordination, experience in a healthcare related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Current certification as a Nursing Assistant.
- Current BLS certification through the AHA or American Red Cross.
Hours: 5:00am-5:00pm; every third weekend; will work a total of 3 shifts every two weeks
Aspirus Divine Savior Hospital & Clinics has been dedicated to providing the highest level of care to Portage and the surrounding communities for over 100 years. We are proud to deliver a comprehensive list of high-quality services and programs to patients, close to home. Our state-of-the-art hospital and clinic is home to the Emergency Department, Urgent Care, Surgery, Family Practice Physicians, Dialysis, Diagnostics, Laboratory, Birthing Center and more for all of a family's needs. On the Portage Campus you will also find the Tivoli Community, a welcoming and modern facility offering assisted living and skilled-nursing beds. New in 2016, The Wellness Center, located between the hospital and Tivoli, is the home of La Vita, a medically integrated fitness center. Aspirus Divine Savior offers an array of free or reduced-cost screenings and education programming, it also offers three regional clinic locations: The Portage Clinic, Pardeeville Clinic and Oxford Clinic.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.To learn more about Portage click here: Portage, WI