FINANCIAL COUNSELOR II
000642-CENTRAL BILLING OFFICE
Work Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
For a 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Financial Counselor II in Wausau, WI at Aspirus, Inc. The Financial Counselor II handles patient credit and collection telephone calls. Works collection accounts including tracking activity on collection accounts, sending collection letters, discussing payment arrangements, making collection telephone calls, preparing accounts for collection and transferring accounts to outside collection agency. Coordinates activities involved in counseling patients from a financial resource perspective. Provides financial resources planning, advocacy, and referral services to patients and their families.
- Knowledge of basic accounting, patient financial practices, and governmental and legal rules and regulations related to collection activities normally acquired through completion of a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical school or college majoring in some aspect of a health information program desired.
- Knowledge of medical terminology desired.
- One year experience in social work, a public aid office, or finance background necessary.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in healthcare working collections required.
- Prior experience in implementing new collections policies desired.
- Previous financial or medical insurance experience beneficial.
- Licensed and bonded collector status beneficial.
- Thorough knowledge of the requirements of government-funded programs such as Medical Assistance and Social Security Disability, and demonstrates a working knowledge of financial guidelines of State and Federal programs.
Hours: Full-time, Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, 80 hours per pay period. Benefits package available.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
Aspirus Wausau Hospital is the flagship of the Aspirus system that serves patients in 14 counties across northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It is a licensed private/not-for-profit facility with 325 beds and staffed by 350 physicians in 35 specialties. Aspirus Wausau Hospital is a Level II trauma center that provides primary, secondary and tertiary care services as a regional referral center. Specialty referral service emphasis exists in cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics and cancer. The hospital has an average daily inpatient census of 160 with approximately 15,000 admissions per year. Outpatient visits exceed 50,000 and there are also more than 24,000 annual emergency department visits.
Best known for its world-class cardiovascular program, Aspirus Wausau Hospital also provides leading edge cancer, trauma, women's health, and spine and neurological care.
To learn more about Wausau click here: Wausau, Wisconsin