EUC HARDWARE TECHNICIAN
000681-IT TECHNICAL SERVICES
Work Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
For a 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a EUC Hardware Technician at Aspirus Wausau Hospital in Wausau, WI. The EUC (End-User-Computing) Hardware Technician identifies and repairs microcomputer hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, disk drives and phones. Troubleshoots and resolves end-user problems and ensures correct operation of personal computers. Maintains inventory of computer parts and log of all repairs/service performed. Manages the return of equipment to vendors for repair and replacement using the vendor's RMA procedures. Employs appropriate measures for retirement and/or disposal of outdated and obsolete hardware and equipment. Manages minor and major EUC projects. Provides input on the images to be deployed for the desktop environment of Aspirus. They will also implement and manage any necessary policies, procedures, or best practices for Aspirus, Inc. regarding hardware and equipment on the Aspirus network.
- Knowledge of desktop standards and practices normally acquired through completion of an Associate Degree in Computing and/or Networking, or equivalent work experience.
- Three years' experience in the maintenance of desktop/printer equipment and services necessary to enhance and develop skills, with five years of overall experience in general support of a desktop or computing environment, with service in a health care setting beneficial.
- Ability to troubleshoot advanced desktop computer hardware and desktop software issues.
- Knowledge of Microsoft PC networking and operating systems.
- Possesses understanding of enterprise networking concepts.
- Basic project management skills.
Hours: Full-time, Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., 80 hours per pay period. Benefits package available.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
Aspirus Wausau Hospital is the flagship of the Aspirus system that serves patients in 14 counties across northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It is a licensed private/not-for-profit facility with 325 beds and staffed by 350 physicians in 35 specialties. Aspirus Wausau Hospital is a Level II trauma center that provides primary, secondary and tertiary care services as a regional referral center. Specialty referral service emphasis exists in cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics and cancer. The hospital has an average daily inpatient census of 160 with approximately 15,000 admissions per year. Outpatient visits exceed 50,000 and there are also more than 24,000 annual emergency department visits.
Best known for its world-class cardiovascular program, Aspirus Wausau Hospital also provides leading edge cancer, trauma, women's health, and spine and neurological care.
To learn more about Wausau click here: Wausau, Wisconsin