EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN - HEALTH UNIT COORDINATOR
Aspirus Wausau Hospital Inc
014190-STEVENS POINT EMERGENCY
For a 3rdyear in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top HealthSystems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifyingthe top-performing health systems in the country based on overallorganizational performance.
We are seeking an EMERGENCYMEDICAL TECHNICIAN / HEALTH UNIT COORDINATOR in Stevens Point, WIat Aspirus Stevens Point Hospital who is a memberof the patient care team and is responsible for assisting with providingpatient care under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse, as well assupport to visitors and staff in a professional caring manner within the EMTpractice scope. In addition, this role performs Health Unit Coordinator(HUC) functions which generally include clerical and customer service-relatedresponsibilities.
- Knowledge of emergent patient care standards andpractices normally acquired through completion of a high school diploma
- Previous applicable experience beneficial
- Possesses an active Wisconsin EMT license
- Current CPR certification or obtained within 90days of hire - All clinical personnel in identified job codes are required tomaintain cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) training through independentstudy, manikin and knowledge testing. An acceptable CPR training program is theBasic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider course from the American HeartAssociation or the American Red Cross Professional Rescuer Program with AED
- Current EMT-I National Registry licensurepreferred
- Basic computer skills and medical terminologybeneficial
- Annual competencies as required by Aspirusand/or various regulatory agencies based on entity and/or job position
Hours:Full time Benefit package available,72 hours every 2 weeks, Varied shifts, rotating weekends/holidays
Aspirus WausauHospital is the flagship of the Aspirus system that serves patients in 14counties across northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the Upper Peninsulaof Michigan. It is a licensed private/not-for-profitfacility with 325 beds and staffed by 350 physicians in 35specialties. Aspirus Wausau Hospital isa Level II trauma center that provides primary, secondary and tertiary careservices as a regional referral center. Specialty referral service emphasisexists in cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics and cancer. Thehospital has an average daily inpatient census of 160 with approximately 15,000admissions per year. Outpatient visits exceed 50,000 and there are also morethan 24,000 annual emergency department visits.
Best known forits world-class cardiovascular program, Aspirus Wausau Hospital also providesleading edge cancer, trauma, women's health, and spine and neurological care
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, weplan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize ourpower to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
Click on the followinglinks: Learnmore about Wausau click here: Wausau,Wisconsin