EMERGENCY MED TECHNICIAN - GILMAN AMB ONCALL
Aspirus Medford Hospital & Clinics
000194-AMBULANCE-INHOUSE & ON CALL
The Emergency Medical Technician for Taylor County Ambulance Service will be responsible for performing prompt and efficient triage of patients. Based on assessment findings, will render emergency medical care to medical and trauma patients and transport to the nearest hospital.
On call hours for this position will be 6 a.m.- 6 a.m. Successful candidates will need to take six 12 hour shifts per quarter, work one weekend per month and meet a required response time of 15 minutes.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Has successfully completed a Department of Health & Family Service approved EMT course Has successfully completed an American Heart Association CPR Certification course
- Current BLS Certification
- Has successfully passed the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technician written and practical exam
- During a two year licensure period, must successfully complete an approved refresher course for licensure level
- Valid State of Wisconsin driver's license with an acceptable driving record that meets current insurance company's standard for insurability.
- Handles pressure and stress with composure and emotional stability
- Ability to adapt readily to changes in the pre-hospital healthcare environment
- Effective communication skills
- Background in First Aid and CPR experience and attending an Emergency Vehicle Operation Course is preferred, but not required
Named as one of the Top 20 Critical Access Hospitals in the nation for the third year in a row, Aspirus Medford Hospital offers all of the friendliness and flexibility of a 25-bed critical access hospital with the horsepower of a large healthcare system. This includes digital imaging, EPIC EMR, on-site sleep lab, retail pharmacy, skilled nursing facility, dialysis unit, birthing center, cancer infusion center, and a public fitness center.
Medford, Wisconsin is a quiet, safe small town community in north central Wisconsin with a strong light industrial base offering a reasonable cost of living. Live on a private lake 8 miles from the hospital for less than $250k! Excellent school system and only 45 minutes to Wausau and Marshfield and 2.5 hours to Minneapolis/St. Paul.