EMERGENCY MED RESPONDER
Aspirus Medford Hospital & Clinics
000194-AMBULANCE-INHOUSE & ON CALL
Work Hours: On Call
Aspirus was recently recognized as one of the top 15 Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country, based on overall organizational performance. It's an exciting time to join our growing organization! Our system and service area extends from beautiful central and northern Wisconsin into the majestic lake shore regions of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We have 8 hospitals and over 55 primary care/specialty clinics.
This position will serve as an Emergency Medical Responder for Taylor County Ambulance Service. Performs prompt and efficient triage of patients. Based on assessment findings, renders emergency medical care to medical and trauma patients, transporting to the nearest appropriate hospital.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Possesses an active State of Wisconsin Emergency Medical Responder certification
- Successful completion of Department of Health & Family Service approved EMR course
- Successful completion of American Heart Association CPR certification course
- Current BLS certification
- During a two-year licensure period, must successfully complete an approved refresher course for licensure level
- E.V.O.C. (Emergency Vehicle Operation Course) class is preferred
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record that meets current insurance company's standards for insurability
- Ideal candidates will possess a background in First Aid and CPR
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Handles pressure and stress with composure and emotional stability
- Adapts readily to changes in the pre-hospital healthcare environment
- Effective communication skills
- Works as part of a team environment
Named as one of the Top 20 Critical Access Hospitals in the nation for the third year in a row, Aspirus Medford Hospital offers all of the friendliness and flexibility of a 25-bed critical access hospital with the horsepower of a large healthcare system. This includes digital imaging, EPIC EMR, on-site sleep lab, retail pharmacy, skilled nursing facility, dialysis unit, birthing center, cancer infusion center, and a public fitness center.
Medford, Wisconsin is a quiet, safe small town community in north central Wisconsin with a strong light industrial base offering a reasonable cost of living. Live on a private lake 8 miles from the hospital for less than $250k! Excellent school system and only 45 minutes to Wausau and Marshfield and 2.5 hours to Minneapolis/St. Paul.