DRIVER - MEDFORD
Aspirus Medford Hospital & Clinics
000194-AMBULANCE-INHOUSE & ON CALL
Aspirus was recently recognized as one of the top 15 Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country, based on overall organizational performance. It's an exciting time to join our growing organization! Our system and service area extends from beautiful central and northern Wisconsin into the majestic lake shore regions of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We have 8 hospitals and over 55 primary care/specialty clinics.
This position will serve as an Ambulance Driver for Taylor County Ambulance Service. Operates the ambulance in a safe manner. Assists the Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs) with locating and carrying equipment, loading and unloading the ambulance cot and safe transport and handling of patient and crew.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Attendance of an E.V.O.C. class is preferred (Emergency Vehicle Operation Course)
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record that meets current insurance company's standards for insurability
- Truck driving experience is preferred
- Handles pressure and stress with composure and emotional stability
- Adapts readily to changes in the pre-hospital healthcare environment
- Possesses effective communication skills
Named as one of the Top 20 Critical Access Hospitals in the nation for the third year in a row, Aspirus Medford Hospital offers all of the friendliness and flexibility of a 25-bed critical access hospital with the horsepower of a large healthcare system. This includes digital imaging, EPIC EMR, on-site sleep lab, retail pharmacy, skilled nursing facility, dialysis unit, birthing center, cancer infusion center, and a public fitness center.
Medford, Wisconsin is a quiet, safe small town community in north central Wisconsin with a strong light industrial base offering a reasonable cost of living. Live on a private lake 8 miles from the hospital for less than $250k! Excellent school system and only 45 minutes to Wausau and Marshfield and 2.5 hours to Minneapolis/St. Paul.