DIRECTOR- SYSTEM EMPLOYEE HEALTH & WELLNESS
Work Hours: Mon-Fri, Normal Business Hours
For a 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Director – System Employee Health and Wellness in Wausau, WI. The System Director creates strategies and programs to drive the Health System’s employee health and wellness programs, advocates for resilient workforce practices. Areas of responsibilities include:
- Directs the Employee Health and Wellness Area of Expertise for the Health System
- Leads creative, progressive, holistic and resilient employee health and welness practices, programs and processes for Health System.
- Ensures the integration and coordination of services across the organization which include consistent and standardized operations, infrastructure, and overall strategic direction.
- Directs and collaborates with Employee Health and Worker's Compensation in the health screening program which includes identifying and providing job health information, providing physical examinations, obtaining health and immunization history, and overseeing drug-testing and various other testing procedures.
- Collaborates with the system leave of absence program in consistently integrating the leave of absence program, based on Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) laws.
- Plans treatment, management, and prevention of communicable disease and the development of protocols in collaboration with the employee health medical director and the respective infection control committees.
- Active member and Chair of System Employee Influenza committee responsible for Mandatory Influenza Vaccination policy and influenza vaccination program.
- Performs human resources responsibilities for staff which include interviewing and selection of new employees, promotions, staff development, performance evaluations, compensation changes, resolution of employee concerns, corrective actions, terminations, and overall employee morale.
- Develops and recommends Employee Health and Wellness operating and capital budgets and controls expenditures within approved budget objectives.
- Knowledge of nursing standards and practices normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
- BSN required. MSN preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a medical, surgical, or emergency department nurse, or 5 years of experience in an industrial occupational health position, and 5 years management experience.
- Active Wisconsin RN license
Hours: Monday – Friday, normal business hours
Full-Time Benefits Package available
Aspirus Wausau Hospital is the flagship of the Aspirus system that serves patients in 14 counties across northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It is a licensed private/not-for-profit facility with 325 beds and staffed by 350 physicians in 35 specialties. Aspirus Wausau Hospital is a Level II trauma center that provides primary, secondary and tertiary care services as a regional referral center. Specialty referral service emphasis exists in cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics and cancer. The hospital has an average daily inpatient census of 160 with approximately 15,000 admissions per year. Outpatient visits exceed 50,000 and there are also more than 24,000 annual emergency department visits.
Best known for its world-class cardiovascular program, Aspirus Wausau Hospital also provides leading edge cancer, trauma, women’s health, and spine and neurological care.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
To learn more about Wausau click here: Wausau, Wisconsin