Director of Finance - Cost Accounting
Work Hours: Monday-Friday, normal business hours
For a 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Director of Finance " Decision Support/Business Planning (Cost Accounting) at the Aspirus Corporate Office in Wausau, WI. In this role you will provide operational direction for the construction and administration of the cost accounting and decision support functions across the Aspirus system. You will also support both financial operations and the business units to provide costing information, productivity information and decision support services. You will be responsible for identifying continuous improvement opportunities and implementing changes within assigned accountabilities.
Specific responsibilities will include:
* Leading the operational direction of the cost accounting and decision support functions.
* Supporting the decision-making process by developing financial and performance models to assess potential new ventures and analyze existing programs.
* Developing and maintaining a cost accounting system to support the organization in identifying costs and utilization of providing care to patients by service line, physician, payor, population segment and other defined aggregations as needed for business plans and other analysis.
* Serving as an expert on cost accounting issues and related best practices and procedures
* Overseeing the productivity management system and provides the education and tools necessary to effectively manage productivity throughout the Aspirus system.
* Supporting and completing program reviews for current and proposed services, as assigned
* Managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders to provide service, information, and advice as needed, and works closely with the Business Intelligence department.
* Representing the finance department as a subject matter expert in various meetings and committees.
- Knowledge of accounting standards and practices normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, or related area.
- A Master's Degree in accounting, finance, or related area and/or CPA status or FHFMA certification beneficial.
- Minimum of three to five years of health care financial management experience.
- Prior experience in cost accounting and decision support.
Hours: Monday " Friday, normal business hours
Full-Time Benefits Package available
Aspirus Wausau Hospital is the flagship of the Aspirus system that serves patients in 14 counties across northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It is a licensed private/not-for-profit facility with 325 beds and staffed by 350 physicians in 35 specialties. Aspirus Wausau Hospital is a Level II trauma center that provides primary, secondary and tertiary care services as a regional referral center. Specialty referral service emphasis exists in cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics and cancer. The hospital has an average daily inpatient census of 160 with approximately 15,000 admissions per year. Outpatient visits exceed 50,000 and there are also more than 24,000 annual emergency department visits.
Best known for its world-class cardiovascular program, Aspirus Wausau Hospital also provides leading edge cancer, trauma, women's health, and spine and neurological care.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
To learn more about Wausau click here: Wausau, Wisconsin