DIRECTOR- EMERGENCY SERVICES
Aspirus Riverview Hospital
Wisconsin Rapids, WI
For a 3rd year in a row,Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in theUnited States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying thetop-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizationalperformance.
We are seeking a DIRECTOR OFEMERGENCY SERVICES at Aspirus Riverview Hospital in WisconsinRapids, WI who is responsible for providing overall leadershipto the Emergency Department. Specificresponsibilities include ensuring the 24-hour delivery of high-qualityservices, managing resources and people, quality and performance improvementand role-modeling Aspirus values and behavoirs.
- A Bachelor's of Science Degree in Nursing (orthe intent to complete within 2-3 years) is required and a Master's Degree inNursing or a related field is preferred. (A candidate with extensive experience and a proven track record ofleadership ability may also be considered.)
- Minimum of 4-5 yearsclinical experience with proven leadership ability required.
- Strong knowledge of nursing and managementprinciples as demonstrated by previous
- experience in a health care leadership positionat Riverview and/or in a hospital with comparable
- scope and complexity.
- Expertise in legalissues, concerns, and considerations both federally and within the
- State of Wisconsinwhich impact nurse practice as well as overall hospital operations.
- Knowledge of current approaches to thedelivery of patient care and strategies for examining and
- applying relevant concepts and evidencebased practice.
- Knowledgeof current leadership, management, and performance improvement concepts and
- participatesin developing and implementing organizational strategies to addressopportunities
- toimprove the delivery and cost efficiency of health care to patients.
- Current licensure forNursing in the State of Wisconsin.
- CPR certication.
- Voluntary ENAcertification desirable.
Hours: 1.0 Full-time day shift to include weekend coverage ifnecessary
Aspirus Riverview Hospital & Clinics is a non-profit,community-directed health care organization based in Wisconsin Rapids. Itincludes Aspirus Riverview Hospital, Aspirus Doctors Clinic & Walk-In Care,Aspirus Riverview Clinics in Wisconsin Rapids, Nekoosa and Rome, Aspirus Heart& Vascular, Aspirus UW Cancer Center, Aspirus Riverview Wound &Hyperbarics, Aspirus Riverview Joint Center, Aspirus Riverview Therapies andAspirus Riverview Dental.The emergency department is a Level III Trauma Center. It has been named one of the Top 100 Rural& Community Hospitals in the United States by The Chartis Center for RuralHealth four consecutive years.
As an Aspirus team, wedemonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness andenthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health ofour communities.
Click on the followinglinks: Learnmore about Wisconsin Rapids click here: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin