DIRECTOR - CORPORATE TREASURY
For a 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
Director of Corporate Treasury
With a direct reporting relationship to the Vice President of Finance and dotted line accountabilities to the Senior Vice President of Finance/CFO, this individual takes a lead role in managing the treasury function for the Aspirus System (Aspirus) including financing, investment management and cash management. This individual will as an advisor and consultant to Aspirus CFO's. This will include:
* Leading the process, along with the Senior Vice President of Finance/CFO in securing financing for the Aspirus, Inc. Obligated Group. Working with bond counsel, bond trustee, Wisconsin Health and Education Authority (WHEFA), master trustee, underwriter, bond rating agencies and others to achieve financing for Obligated Group members.
* Leading the process to assure bond compliance and all compliance and monitoring activities
* Coordinating the securing of bank financing for Aspirus entities and partnerships, including drafting Requests for Proposal, negotiating terms of financing and legal document review.
* Coordinating and controlling investment management activities for Aspirus, Inc. and its subsidiaries. Monitoring and reporting on corporate investment portfolio. Analyzing portfolio and recommending changes, attempting to maximize returns while maintaining acceptable levels of risks.
* Coordinating and controlling cash management activities. Assures the maximization of cash investment balances while minimizing net bank fees. Serves as online administrator and the primary bank contact for Aspirus.
* Analyzing financial activities and recommends future policies and plans based on interpretation and judgment of financial data and other statistical information.
* Business Development - Works independently on projects related to new service or program development. Creates business plans or other financial justification as required and recommends courses of action.
* Assisting with risk management and insurance functions. Assures proper coverages (products and levels) are maintained that are consistent with similar health care organizations and are compliant with bond covenant guidelines.
* Administers effective internal controls and functional audit trails in the areas of cash management, debt financing and investment management.
* Knowledge of accounting standards and practices normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance or related area.
* Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business Administration, or related field required.
* Master's Degree preferred.
* Minimum of five years' financial management experience, investment management and debt financing experience, preferably in a healthcare setting.
* Previous supervisory experience beneficial.
* CPA and/or CTP status beneficial.
Aspirus is a non-profit, community-directed health system based in Wausau, Wisconsin. With approximately 8,000 employees, serving communities throughout northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the western Upper Peninsula of Michigan, our integrated system includes four hospitals in Wisconsin and four in Michigan with more than 55 clinics.
Wausau, Wisconsin is located in the lovely Wisconsin River valley at the center of the state. We have a metro area population of 85,000 with excellent schools, busy performing arts center, large private music conservatory, and visual arts center. Quiet residential neighborhoods surround Lake Wausau and overlook the Wisconsin River or have views of Rib Mountain State Park. We enjoy four seasons of recreation including all water sports, sailing, kayaking, mountain biking, hiking, soccer, down-hill and cross-country skiing.