DIRECTOR- BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE
Work Hours: Monday " Friday, normal business hours
For a 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a System Director of Business Intelligence and Analytics at the Aspirus Corporate Office in Wausau, WI. The Director will report directly to the SVP and Chief Strategy Officer. This leader will construct and implement the vision for transforming data into actionable insights and applies modern data science methods to address business challenges. This strategic role leads the business intelligence, reporting and data engineering functions, and is responsible for developing and implementing core data strategies and evangelizing a culture of data-driven decision-making. The Director will also oversee the management, architecture, and strategy of our self-service Business Intelligence platform and is charged with enhancing organizational business acumen through robust reporting and self-service capabilities. This role ensures data integrity, accuracy, and governance to support the growing needs of Aspirus.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Information Technology or related field required. Master Degree in Business Intelligence, Business Analytics, Computer Science or related field highly desired.
- A minimum seven years of leading and developing a Business Intelligence/Data Science team.
- Experience in developing and implementing a Business Intelligence vision, strategy and outstanding team capabilities.
- Experience in identifying and implementing best practices that drive automation and machine learning capabilities.
- Minimum five years of health care analytics experience is required.
- Familiarity with Epic and electronic medical record associated tools preferred.
Aspirus Wausau Hospital is the flagship of the Aspirus system that serves patients in 14 counties across northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It is a licensed private/not-for-profit facility with 325 beds and staffed by 350 physicians in 35 specialties. Aspirus Wausau Hospital is a Level II trauma center that provides primary, secondary and tertiary care services as a regional referral center. Specialty referral service emphasis exists in cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics and cancer. The hospital has an average daily inpatient census of 160 with approximately 15,000 admissions per year. Outpatient visits exceed 50,000 and there are also more than 24,000 annual emergency department visits.
Best known for its world-class cardiovascular program, Aspirus Wausau Hospital also provides leading edge cancer, trauma, women's health, and spine and neurological care.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
To learn more about Wausau click here: Wausau, Wisconsin