Aspirus Divine Savior Healthcare
Work Hours: 6 AM- 6 PM
For a 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Cook to work in our kitchen at the hospital in Portage, WI. This person prepares, cooks, and serves food for patients, residents, staff, visitors and contracted services.
- Prepares, provides and coordinates food service for patients, residents, employees and organization special functions following established policies and procedures.
- Reads and understands production sheets and standardized recipes and prepares food accordingly.
- Determines appropriate amounts of food to prepare to avoid shortages and waste.
- Follows safe food handling practices.
- Performs cleaning duties per department protocol.
- Performs other positions within the department as needed.
- Confers with supervisor regularly regarding food production and personnel issues.
- Serves as a mentor for employees.
- Assists supervisor in the development of departmental policies and procedures.
- Documents all information required to meet HACCP guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred.
- Serve Safe certification within 6 months of employment.
- Two years’ experience in food service preferred.
Hours: Hours can range from 6:00am-6:00pm; Monday – Sunday. There will be an every other weekend/every other holiday rotation.
Aspirus Divine Savior Hospital & Clinics has been dedicated to providing the highest level of care to Portage and the surrounding communities for over 100 years. We are proud to deliver a comprehensive list of high-quality services and programs to patients, close to home. Our state-of-the-art hospital and clinic is home to the Emergency Department, Urgent Care, Surgery, Family Practice Physicians, Dialysis, Diagnostics, Laboratory, Birthing Center and more for all of a family's needs. On the Portage Campus you will also find the Tivoli Community, a welcoming and modern facility offering assisted living and skilled-nursing beds. New in 2016, The Wellness Center, located between the hospital and Tivoli, is the home of La Vita, a medically integrated fitness center. Aspirus Divine Savior offers an array of free or reduced-cost screenings and education programming, it also offers three regional clinic locations: The Portage Clinic, Pardeeville Clinic and Oxford Clinic.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
To learn more about Portage click here: Portage, WI