Aspirus Ironwood Hospital
For a 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Cook in Ironwood, Michigan at Aspirus Ironwood Hospital to support our Dietary Department. This position cooks and bakes to prepare meals for patients, the cafeteria, and catering functions.
* Knowledge of food service and professionalism normally acquired through completion of a high school diploma or equivalent.
* Sanitation certification within 6 months of hire
* Must pass a written test and hands-on skills demonstration with a minimum score of 80%.
* One to three years' experience in the food service industry, previous position as a cook or baker
* Cooking and baking skills
* Food prep skills
* Math ability and planning ability are required
* Must be capable of simple use of formulas, charts, tables, and using adjustable measuring instruments
* Must be willing to taste test own food
* Organizational skills
Hours: Occasional / as needed. Retirement plan available.
Aspirus Ironwood includes a 25-bed critical access hospital, multi-specialty clinic, satellite clinic in Wisconsin, surgical clinic, walk-in clinic and a home health agency. Ranked among the top 20 Critical Access Hospitals in the nation by the National Rural Health Association, Grand View's service area covers approximately 30,000 people. The hospital has a 4 bed ICU, 3 bed OB unit, and 4 surgical units. The emergency department is staffed 24/7 with ER physicians, with approximately 12,000 visits annually. The hospital's inpatient census is 10 patients per day. The outpatient clinic has over 50,000 visits annually.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
Click here to learn more about Ironwood, Michigan