CLINICAL MEDICAL PHYSICIST
Aspirus Wausau Hospital Inc
Weare seeking a therapeutic Medical Physicist to join a team of two other MedicalPhysicists at Aspirus. The candidate will balance their time between supportingclinical operations at the Aspirus Regional Cancer Center in Wausau and actingas the Lead Medical Physicist at the Aspirus Riverview Cancer Center inWisconsin Rapids. The Aspirus Radiation Oncology Department is an activelygrowing team with state of the art equipment across three cancer centers thatserves Central Wisconsin and Upper Michigan. Our program is part of the ACC-Association of Community Cancer Centers, NAPBC- National Accreditation Programfor Breast Centers, and CoC- Commission on Cancer.
Ourtechnology includes TrueBeam and TomoTherapy external beam systems, NucletronHDR, Siemens Confidence CT, Pinnacle and Eclipse treatment planning, ARIA, andEPIC. We have active stereotactic radiosurgery and HDR brachytherapy clinicalprograms and are implementing the SunCHECK platform for patient and machine QA.
- Collaborate with a team thatincludes a Chief Medical Physicist and a Medical Physicist.
- Provide consultation, advice,education, or technical direction for patients, Physicians, Administrators,Managers, Clinical Staff, and Technical Staff.
- Oversee the clinical and qualityassurance programs at the Aspirus Riverview Cancer Center.
- Assist with clinical and qualityassurance activities at the Aspirus Regional Cancer Center, including SRS, HDR,patient specific QA, and plan and chart reviews.
- Design and execute clinicaldevelopment projects to enhance our program.
- Organize and direct the efforts ofthe Radiation Oncology facilities to care for patients with optimally designedand delivered treatments.
- Accountable for the support of andassistance to Physicians of Radiation Oncology and the Service Line providingpatient safety measures, strategic leadership, analysis, and direction.
- Knowledge of radiation oncology andrelated technology standards and protocols through completion of a Master'sDegree in Medical or Radiological Physics from an AAPM accredited institution.
- Experience on TrueBeam and/orTomoTherapy treatment systems as a Radiation Oncology Medical Physicist orResident.
- HDR AMP licensure in Wisconsin oreligibility to become so per WI DHS 157.61(8) within one year.
- ABR or ABMP certification inTherapeutic Medical Physics or eligibility to become certified within one year.
Forthe 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been named by IBM Watson Health as one ofthe Nation's Top 15 Health Systems, based on analysis of overall organizationalperformance and quality. We are a system of 10 hospitals and more than 50clinics that spans over 25,000 square miles throughout Central Wisconsin andthe Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Currently, over 500 providers are locatedthroughout the system and have the opportunity to affect approximately 770,000lives.
AspirusRegional Cancer Center
AspirusRegional Cancer Center (ARCC), located on the Aspirus Wausau Hospital campus,is the region's premier cancer and blood disorder treatment center thatprovides service to over 600,000 lives in our service area. It delivers themost advanced and comprehensive cancer treatment programs includingchemotherapy, radiation therapy, breast health, surgery and research.
AspirusRegional Cancer Center has been placed among the top 28% of cancer programs inthe nation by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons.
Wausau,Wisconsin is located in the lovely Wisconsin River valley at the center of thestate. We have a metro area population of 80,000 with excellent schools, busyperforming arts center, large private music conservatory, and visual artscenter. Quiet residential neighborhoods surround Lake Wausau and overlook theWisconsin River or have views of Rib Mountain State Park. A normal commute isten minutes to any part of town. We enjoy four seasons of recreation includingall water sports, sailing, kayaking, mountain biking, hiking, soccer, down-hilland cross-country skiing. We are conveniently located three hours fromMilwaukee and Minneapolis. For More Information, Visit https://www.wausauchamber.com/