CLINICAL INFORMATICS NURSE SPECIALIST
000676-IT CLINICAL INFORMATICS
Work Hours: Monday " Friday, 8:00 a.m. " 4:30 p.m.
For a 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Clinical Informatics Nurse Specialist in Wausau, WI at Aspirus Wausau Hospital. This individual utilizes the knowledge and skills of clinical practice to determine clinical functions that are suitable for computer application and to ensure the information systems are consistent with professional standards of clinical practice. Applies clinical, analytical, and technical skills in conjunction with project management methodologies to support the design, analysis, implementation, and optimization of the systems affecting the delivery of patient care. The work of the Clinical Informatics Nurse Specialist will result in standardized systems that: enhance patient safety, improve workflow and effectively utilize resources, originate in best-practice principles, provide clinicians timely access to relevant information, optimize technology, protect patient confidentiality; and maintain security standards within clinical applications.
* Knowledge of clinical information systems design and application normally acquired through completion of a nursing program. Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred.
* Minimum five years' experience as a RN required.
* Previous Clinical Informatics experience preferred.
* Previous teaching/training and project management experience. Participated in at least one clinical information systems implementation/go-live.
* Previous experience with Microsoft Office applications required. Proficiency in use of Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Webex or GoToMeeting preferred.
* Implementation and upgrade experience with previous integrated health care information systems with emphasis on Clinical EMR applications/systems preferred.
* Possesses active Wisconsin or Michigan RN licensure, or obtains within 6 months of hire.
* Current Epic Certification in one or more applications preferred.
* Strong organizational skills required and ability to concentrate while being subject to multiple interruptions and changing work priorities. Able to thrive in fast paced work environment under stress or in emergency/crisis situations.
Hours: Full-time, Monday " Friday, 8:00 a.m. " 4:30 p.m., 80 hours per pay period. Benefits package available.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
Aspirus Wausau Hospital is the flagship of the Aspirus system that serves patients in 14 counties across northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It is a licensed private/not-for-profit facility with 325 beds and staffed by 350 physicians in 35 specialties. Aspirus Wausau Hospital is a Level II trauma center that provides primary, secondary and tertiary care services as a regional referral center. Specialty referral service emphasis exists in cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics and cancer. The hospital has an average daily inpatient census of 160 with approximately 15,000 admissions per year. Outpatient visits exceed 50,000 and there are also more than 24,000 annual emergency department visits.
Best known for its world-class cardiovascular program, Aspirus Wausau Hospital also provides leading edge cancer, trauma, women's health, and spine and neurological care.
Click on the following links: Learn more about Wausau click here: Wausau, Wisconsin