Clinic Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Full Time - Respiratory Care Clinic
Aspirus Divine Savior Healthcare
520100-CLINIC OPS PORTAGE CLINIC
Work Hours: 10:00am-7:00pm w/ rotating weekends
Shifts: Day Shift
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides primary health care services to patient; assists with various procedures; assures that physician's patient schedule flows smoothly and efficiently on a daily basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN):
- Prepares patient for physician exam, by taking pressure, temperature, weight, height, and updating patient chart with current health information.
- Assists physician in examination, diagnosis, and treatment of patient.
- Schedules patient testing with appropriate departments and hospital admissions. Prepares and orders diagnostic tests including x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory tests according to physician orders and
informs patient with instructions and follow-up.
- Prepares and administers medication and immunizations as prescribed by physician and according to state and federal regulations.
- Takes phone calls from patients seeking medical advice, consults with physician for care instructions and calls patient with follow-up information.
- Documents according to established standards.
- Assures rooms are adequately supplied and cleaned after each patient; puts equipment away after each procedure; puts biohazardous material in proper waste containers. Cleans and prepares instruments for sterilization in surgery department.
- Maintains and restocks medications and medical supplies. Orders medications and supplies as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as opportunities arise.
Educational Qualifications for a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN):
- Degree from an accredited Practical Nursing program.
- Current Wisconsin license as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
Work Relationship for a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN):
- Reports directly to the Clinic Director and Clinic Supervisor.
- Works directly with physicians and nursing staff.
- Occasional contact with staff from other patient care departments.
- Extensive contact with patients.
- Regular contact with families.
- Occasional contact with the public.
Working Conditions for a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN):
- Work is performed largely in a pleasant hospital environment.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts, has risk of electrical shock and radiation
- Occasionally work in outside weather conditions, wet/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals
- Regular exposure to hazardous material such as needle punctures, blood and body fluids.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Requirements for a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN):
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Occasionally required to sit or climb.
- Required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of department supplies and equipment.
- Occasionally may need to move patients and/or equipment of more than 100 pounds.
- Requires specific vision abilities for far vision, near vision, depth perception, colors, accommodation and peripheral vision.
- Vision correctable to 20/40.
Acknowledgement: This job description/evaluation describes the general nature and level of work performed by an employee
assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the department manager or administration. All requirements are subject to change over time and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.