CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT
Aspirus VNA Home Health Inc
080410-AAH HH HANCOCK HOSPICE
For a 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized asone of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson intheir annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the countrybased on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a CERTIFIED NURSINGASSISTANT to work for Aspirus at Home - Hospice in the Hancock,Michigan area.
The CertifiedNurse Assistant assistsand supports the Registered Nurse, Physical Therapist, Speech Therapist orOccupational Therapist in the delivery of patient care as identified on thepatient's care plan. The CNA delivers quality and safe CNA services includingbut not limited to according to schedule:
* Assists with bathing, as wellas mouth, skin and hair care.
* Assists patient in and out ofbed.
* Assists patient withambulation.
* Assists with prescribedexercises which patient and Home Health Aides have been taught by appropriatehealth personnel.
* Prepares meals and assistspatient with eating.
* Provides household servicesessential to health care at home.
* Assists patient to bathroomor assists with using the bedpan.
* Assists patient withself-administration of medications.
* Reports changes in patient'scondition/needs to Registered Nurse or Therapist and completes appropriaterecords.
* Performs other duties asassigned by Registered Nurse or Therapist.
* Knowledge of patient carestandards and practices and the ability to communicate clinical information topatients, representatives, caregivers and agency staff normally acquiredthrough completion of a Certified Nursing Assistant Program. High school diplomaand continued education beneficial.
* State Nurse AideCertification required (and is currently in good standing).
* Current BLS certification or obtained within 90days of hire.
* Valid driver's license required.
* Possesses automobile liability insurance withminimum $100,000/$300,000 coverage required, or $300,000 combined single-limitliability.
* Previous work experience inan acute care setting or nursing home beneficial.
Hours: This position is fulltime; 0.8 FTE or 32 hours per week. Full time benefits package available.
Aspirusat Home isa part of the Aspirus health system and is a nonprofit, Medicare-certified homehealth agency that serves 14 north central Wisconsin counties. We offerservices in North central Wisconsin and parts of the UP. Aspirus At Home helpsto bridge the gap between the more intensive levels of care received in ahospital, nursing or rehabilitation facility and in client's home. For 60 yearswe have provided caring support to help people live in their own home as longas possible.
Asan Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work withhappiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improvethe health of our communities.
Click here to learn more about the Keweenaw Peninsula