Certified Medical Assistant
Aspirus Clinics Inc
710420-PLASTIC SURGERY - NURSING
Work Hours: 80 hours per pay period, M-F 8am - 5:00 pm
Aspirus was recently recognized as one of the 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Certified Medical Assistant to work at Aspirus Plastic Surgery Clinic in Wausau, WI.
This position will be fulltime and could range from 64 to 80 hours per week.
Typical Shifts will be Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm but may fluctuate slightly
Travel to local satellite clinics will be required on an occasional basis
Responsibilities will include:
- Chart preparation
- Rooming patients
- Phone triage
- Cleaning patient exam rooms
- Scheduling patient appointments
- Backup patient registration
- Assisting providers with in office procedures and injections
- Conducting some onsite office procedures
- Maintaining and ordering of medical supplies
- Willing to wear many hats, multi-task and work outside the box
- Current Medical Assistant Certification or Registration REQUIRED or obtained within 6 months of hire
- Current CPR certification or obtained within 90 days of hire - Required
Aspirus is a non-profit, community-directed health system based in Wausau, Wisconsin. With more than 7,600 employees, serving communities throughout northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the western Upper Peninsula of Michigan, our integrated system includes four hospitals in Wisconsin and four in Michigan with more than 55 clinics.
Wausau, Wisconsin is located in the lovely Wisconsin River valley at the center of the state. We have a metro area population of 80,000 with excellent schools, busy performing arts center, large private music conservatory, and visual arts center. Quiet residential neighborhoods surround Lake Wausau and overlook the Wisconsin River or have views of Rib Mountain State Park. We enjoy four seasons of recreation including all water sports, sailing, kayaking, mountain biking, hiking, soccer, down-hill and cross-country skiing. We are conveniently located three hours from Milwaukee and Minneapolis.