CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT - SPECIALIST - HEART & VASCULAR
Aspirus Clinics Inc
660420-HEART & LUNG-NURSING
Work Hours: Full time, 64 hours in 2-week pay period
Aspirus was recently recognized as one of the 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Certified Medical Assistant to work in Heart & Vascular (Heart and Lung) at Aspirus Wausau Hospital. This position will work with the team conducting open heart and lung surgeries for the Aspirus System.
Responsibilities will include:
Calling patients, scheduling patients, ordering medications and follow ups
- Ability to multitask between several different providers
- There will not be a lot of hands on patient care " not much rooming patients
- Providing a lot of documentation, paperwork and computer work
- Cross training to back up for scheduling, reception, triage nursing
- A willingness to help out anywhere that is needed " no job is beneath you
- Working well in a team environment putting patient safety first
- Receive guidance from team members in a positive and productive way
- Ability to make decisions consistent with clinic policies and the strict observance to confidentiality
- Current Medical Assistant Certification or Registration REQUIRED or obtained within 6 months of hire
- Current CPR certification or obtained within 90 days of hire " Required
Aspirus is a non-profit, community-directed health system based in Wausau, Wisconsin. With more than 7,600 employees, serving communities throughout northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the western Upper Peninsula of Michigan, our integrated system includes four hospitals in Wisconsin and four in Michigan with more than 55 clinics.
We enjoy four seasons of recreation including all water sports, sailing, kayaking, mountain biking, hiking, soccer, down-hill and cross-country skiing. We are conveniently located three hours from Milwaukee and Minneapolis.is located in the lovely Wisconsin River valley at the center of the state. We have a metro area population of 80,000 with excellent schools, busy performing arts center, large private music conservatory, and visual arts center. Quiet residential neighborhoods surround Lake Wausau and overlook the Wisconsin River or have views of Rib Mountain State Park.