CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT OR LPN
Aspirus Wausau Hospital Inc
600420-MED ONCOLOGY NURSING
Work Hours: 64 Hours per pay period
Aspirus was recently recognized as one of the 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Certified Medical Assistant or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to work at Aspirus Regional Cancer Center in Wausau, Wisconsin.
Responsibilities will include:
- Rooming and greeting patients for their scheduled appointments
- Medical Review / Surgical History
- Checking Vitals
- Entering Orders
- Returning result note phone calls
- Assisting Nursing team with scheduling and monitoring of in basket
- Working directly with one provider
- Maintaining clinical records and documentation
- Working well in a team environment putting patient safety first
- Collaborating with Nurses and patient care staff
- Ability to make decisions consistent with clinic policies and the strict observance to confidentiality
- Current Medical Assistant Certification or Registration REQUIRED or obtained within 6 months of hire OR
- Current Licensed Practical Nursing Licensure REQUIRED
- Current CPR certification or obtained within 90 days of hire " Required
Aspirus is a non-profit, community-directed health system based in Wausau, Wisconsin. With more than 7,600 employees, serving communities throughout northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the western Upper Peninsula of Michigan, our integrated system includes four hospitals in Wisconsin and four in Michigan with more than 55 clinics.