Cardiac Surgery First Assist - Sign On Bonus!!
Aspirus Wausau Hospital Inc
Work Hours: 40 hours a week, varied shift. weekend, and call rotation
For a 3rd year in a row,Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in theUnited States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying thetop-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizationalperformance.
Weare seeking a CARDIAC SURGERY FIRST ASSIST at Aspirus Wausau Hospital in Wausau, WI whoprovidesexposure, hemostasis, and other technical functions that will help the surgeoncarry out a safe operation while optimizing results for our patients. Essential elements in the art and science offirst assisting are attention to detail, thoroughness and completeconcentration on the operative field. These activities will only be performedas delegated tasks under the direct and immediate supervision of theresponsible surgeon.
Surgeries performed are as follows: AVR/Aortic Surgery, Mitral ValveRepair/Replacement, Off Pump CABG, Complex AtrialFibrillation Surgery, TAVR/MitraClip and Lung Surgery.
- Knowledgeof surgical standards and practices normally acquired through graduation froman approved accredited school of Surgical Technology.
- Hasadvanced knowledge of surgical anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology andoperative technique related to the operative procedure in which the FirstAssistant will assist.
- Six months of on thejob training/experience as a First Assist.
- Current BLScertification or obtained within 90 days of hire.
- ACLSand/or PALS certification desired - American Heart Association Advanced CardiacLife Support Provider Course or the American Heart Association PediatricAdvanced Life Support Provider Course including a hands-on skills practicesession with an AHA ACLS or PALS instructor or by using a voice assistedmanikin (VAM) system.
- Possesses ability toapply principles of asepsis and infection control.
- Possesses ability toperform effectively in stressful and emergency situations.
- Possessesability to recognize safety hazards and initiate appropriate preventive andcorrective actions.
- Possessesability to perform effectively and harmoniously as a member of the operativeteam.
- Usessurgical instruments skillfully in ways consistent with their design andpurpose.
- Possesses ability todemonstrate skills in behaviors unique to the First Assistant.
Hours: Full time Benefit package available, 40 Hours perweek, varied shifts, Weekend rotation 1-2 every 4 months, Weeknight callrotation is 4-8 times in a 12 week schedule, Weekend call rotation 8-14weekends a year, 20 min call response time required
AspirusWausau Hospital is the flagship of the Aspirus system that serves patients in14 counties across northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the UpperPeninsula of Michigan. It is a licensed private/not-for-profitfacility with 325 beds and staffed by 350 physicians in 35 specialties. Aspirus Wausau Hospital is a Level II traumacenter that provides primary, secondary and tertiary care services as aregional referral center. Specialty referral service emphasis exists incardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics and cancer. The hospital hasan average daily inpatient census of 160 with approximately 15,000 admissionsper year. Outpatient visits exceed 50,000 and there are also more than 24,000annual emergency department visits.
Best known for its world-class cardiovascularprogram, Aspirus Wausau Hospital also provides leading edge cancer, trauma,women's health, and spine and neurological care.
As an Aspirus team, wedemonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness andenthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health ofour communities.
Click on the followinglinks: Learnmore about Wausau click here: Wausau,Wisconsin