Cardiac Surgery First Assist - Sign On Bonus!!
Aspirus Wausau Hospital Inc
Work Hours: 36 Hours per week, varied shifts, weekend rotation and call
Sign On Bonus: $7,500.00 with additional allowance for relocation
We are seeking a CARDIAC SURGERY FIRST ASSIST at AspirusWausau Hospital in Wausau, WI who providesexposure, hemostasis, and other technical functions that will help the surgeoncarry out a safe operation while optimizing results for ourpatients. Essential elements in the art and science of firstassisting are attention to detail, thoroughness and complete concentration onthe operative field. These activities will only be performed as delegatedtasks under the direct and immediate supervision of theresponsible surgeon.
Surgeriesperformed are as follows: AVR/Aortic Surgery, Mitral ValveRepair/Replacement, Off Pump CABG, Complex Atrial FibrillationSurgery, TAVR/MitraClip and Lung Surgery.
- Knowledge of surgical standards and practices normally acquired through graduation from an approved accredited school of Surgical Technology.
- Has advanced knowledge of surgical anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology and operative technique related to the operative procedure in which the First Assistant will assist.
- Six months of on the job training/experience as a First Assist.
- Current BLS certification or obtained within 90 days of hire.
- ACLS and/or PALS certification desired - American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support Provider Course or the American Heart Association Pediatric Advanced Life Support Provider Course including a hands-on skills practice session with an AHA ACLS or PALS instructor or by using a voice assisted manikin (VAM) system.
- Possesses ability to apply principles of asepsis and infection control.
- Possesses ability to perform effectively in stressful and emergency situations.
- Possesses ability to recognize safety hazards and initiate appropriate preventive and corrective actions.
- Possesses ability to perform effectively and harmoniously as a member of the operative team.
- Uses surgical instruments skillfully in ways consistent with their design and purpose.
- Possesses ability to demonstrate skills in behaviors unique to the First Assistant.
Hours: Full time Benefit package available, 36 Hours perweek, varied shifts, Weekend rotation 1-2 every 4 months, Weeknight callrotation is 4-8 times in a 12 week schedule, Weekend call rotation 8-14weekends a year, 20 min call response time required
Aspirus Wausau Hospital is the flagship of theAspirus system that serves patients in 14 counties across northern and centralWisconsin, as well as the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It is a licensed private/not-for-profit facility with 325 beds and staffed by 350physicians in 35 specialties. Aspirus Wausau Hospital is a Level IItrauma center that provides primary, secondary and tertiary care services as aregional referral center. Specialty referral service emphasis exists incardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics and cancer. The hospital hasan average daily inpatient census of 160 with approximately 15,000 admissionsper year. Outpatient visits exceed 50,000 and there are also more than 24,000annual emergency department visits.
Bestknown for its world-class cardiovascular program, Aspirus Wausau Hospital alsoprovides leading edge cancer, trauma, women's health, and spine andneurological care.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, weplan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize ourpower to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
Click on the following links: Learn more about Wausau click here: Wausau, Wisconsin