Work Hours: Monday-Friday, Normal Business Hours
For a 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Benefits Specialist with Aspirus, Inc. in Wausau, WI. The Benefits Specialist plays an important role in providing customer service to our employees in response to benefit plan inquiries. The Benefits Specialist will also be responsible for processing all group benefit plan transactions, administering the Total Rewards Programs for employees, conducting benefit plan education across the system in new hire orientation and annual open enrollment, and processing all monthly insurance billing.
- Knowledge of human resources and benefit plan administration including federal and state laws governing human resources and benefit plan administration required. Bachelor's Degree in human resources or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years working as a human resources professional required. Experience with employee benefit plan administration preferred.
- PHR/SPHR/CEBS or equal preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and public speaking skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite with ability to quickly learn new computer applications as an end user.
- Ability to function independently and as a team member using collaborative approaches to organizing workload to meet the needs of the department.
- Ability to use critical thinking skills to identify and solve problems following a detail-oriented approach.
Hours: Monday " Friday, normal business hours
Full-Time Benefits Package available
Aspirus Wausau Hospital is the flagship of the Aspirus system that serves patients in 14 counties across northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It is a licensed private/not-for-profit facility with 325 beds and staffed by 350 physicians in 35 specialties. Aspirus Wausau Hospital is a Level II trauma center that provides primary, secondary and tertiary care services as a regional referral center. Specialty referral service emphasis exists in cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics and cancer. The hospital has an average daily inpatient census of 160 with approximately 15,000 admissions per year. Outpatient visits exceed 50,000 and there are also more than 24,000 annual emergency department visits.
Best known for its world-class cardiovascular program, Aspirus Wausau Hospital also provides leading edge cancer, trauma, women's health, and spine and neurological care.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
To learn more about Wausau click here: Wausau, Wisconsin