ASSISTANT GENERAL COUNSEL
Work Hours: Monday " Friday, 8:00 a.m. " 4:30 p.m.
For a 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in its annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
Aspirus is seeking an attorney to serve as Assistant General Counsel with at least 5 years of experience. The position is located at Aspirus' corporate headquarters in Wausau, Wisconsin. The Assistant Counsel will specialize in the area of Employment and be responsible for assisting the legal department to ensure compliance with applicable law and consistent with Aspirus, Inc.'s principles, mission, and philosophies.
- Experience with providing a wide variety of legal services related to a health care system, including support to clinical, operational, and business areas; corporate transactions; employment and medical staff issues is Required.
- General understanding of relevant health care compliance issues (i.e. Anti-Kickback Statute, Stark, HIPAA, EMTALA) is Required.
- Experience with Employment Law, Labor Relations, Physician Contracting, Medical Staffing Concerns is Required.
- Research of legal issues and provide guidance to internal stakeholders.
- Assists with responding to legal and regulatory issues and questions pertaining to patient care, social work and similar areas and subjects, including but not limited to assistance with advance directives, guardianships, Involuntary Emergency Admissions, subpoenas, search warrants, legal record requests and other legal processes.
- Current license to practice law in the State of Wisconsin required.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
Aspirus Wausau Hospital is the flagship of the Aspirus system that serves patients in 14 counties across northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It is a licensed private/not-for-profit facility with 325 beds and staffed by 350 physicians in 35 specialties. Aspirus Wausau Hospital is a Level II trauma center that provides primary, secondary and tertiary care services as a regional referral center. Specialty referral service emphasis exists in cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics and cancer. The hospital has an average daily inpatient census of 160 with approximately 15,000 admissions per year. Outpatient visits exceed 50,000 and there are also more than 24,000 annual emergency department visits.
Best known for its world-class cardiovascular program, Aspirus Wausau Hospital also provides leading edge cancer, trauma, women's health, and spine and neurological care. To learn more please visit www.aspirus.org.