Work Hours: Monday " Friday, 8:00 a.m. " 5:00 p.m.
For a 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking an Applications Analyst at Aspirus, Inc. The Applications Analyst position can work at any one of our physical hospital locations. Candidates will have a strong understanding of general principles of information systems and computer usage. Independently researches and seeks solutions to problems and contributes to improving workflow and process. Assists in evaluating systems, preparing an analysis of alternatives, and implementing enhancements to existing systems. Performs project management activities as well as analysis, design, implementation, education, and support of assigned application software. Will be thoroughly familiar with the function and processes of their assigned departments and assist the customer department in the use of the applications at Aspirus, while working to maintain and/or improve patient safety, departmental workflow, and cost containment. Position involves extensive consulting and communication with physicians, nurses, pharmacists, technologist, and other clinical staff as well as clerical and administrative users, vendors, hospital management/administration, and outside agencies.
- Knowledge of general principles of information systems and computer usage normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor of Science in Business, Information Technology, clinical area, or related field and/or two to five years' relevant healthcare/IT experience required.
- Experience with clinical assessment, planning, protocol development, standards, policies, and procedures preferred.
- Previous teaching/training and project management experience. Participated in at least one clinical information systems implementation/go-live.
- ITIL course to be completed within one year of hire.
- Very strong working knowledge of hospital clinical and administrative departments, operations, and core process flows. Understands interactions and flows with administrative and financial systems.
- Strong understanding of general principles of information systems and computer usage.
- Strong understanding of the Systems Development Life cycle (SDLC): project definition, user requirements definition, system requirements definition, analysis and design, system build, implementation and training, sustainment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, quick thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Analytical ability to evaluate systems, test data and/or program logic, and determine proper program execution with some assistance.
- Ability to identify problems, collect data, establish facts, and solve problems related to computer systems/software generally without assistance.
- High level of expertise using computer tools in a clinical setting required.
Hours: Full-time, Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., 80 hours per pay period. Benefits package available.
Aspirus Wausau Hospital is the flagship of the Aspirus system that serves patients in 14 counties across northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It is a licensed private/not-for-profit facility with 325 beds and staffed by 350 physicians in 35 specialties. Aspirus Wausau Hospital is a Level II trauma center that provides primary, secondary and tertiary care services as a regional referral center. Specialty referral service emphasis exists in cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics and cancer. The hospital has an average daily inpatient census of 160 with approximately 15,000 admissions per year. Outpatient visits exceed 50,000 and there are also more than 24,000 annual emergency department visits.
Best known for its world-class cardiovascular program, Aspirus Wausau Hospital also provides leading edge cancer, trauma, women's health, and spine and neurological care.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
Click on the following links: Learn more about Wausau click here: Wausau, Wisconsin