ANESTHESIA MONITOR TECHNICIAN
Aspirus Wausau Hospital Inc
Work Hours: 72 Hours pp, Varied shift, Call
For a 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been recognized as one of the top 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking an ANESTHESIA MONITOR TECHNICIAN in Wausau, WI at Aspirus Wausau Hospital who works closely with the Anesthesiologist, Certified Nurse Anesthetist, Surgeon and Perfusionist, assists in providing anesthesia care to patients of all ages. The AMT must be able to work in a fast-paced, high-stress environment that requires quick response time and anticipatory skills.
- Knowledge of patient care standards and practices in a surgical environment acquired normally through course work in physiology and biological sciences, E.R. experience as an EMT, etc.
- An Associate Degree in a related healthcare field beneficial.
- Classes in ECG interpretation beneficial.
- Completion of a hospital-based ECG class within two months of hire date.
- Previous experience as a surgical technician in an acute care setting or operating room environment desired.
- Experience in pressure monitoring, Cath Lab or anesthesia beneficial.
- Current BLS certification or obtained within 90 days of hire.
- Active Wisconsin licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse or OR Tech certification beneficial.
Hours: .9 full-time, 72 hours in two weeks, hours will be varied and will include call week 1 night every 2 weeks(based on AMT's) and call for weekend and holiday rotation
Aspirus Wausau Hospital is the flagship of the Aspirus system that serves patients in 14 counties across northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It is a licensed private/not-for-profit facility with 325 beds and staffed by 350 physicians in 35 specialties. Aspirus Wausau Hospital is a Level II trauma center that provides primary, secondary and tertiary care services as a regional referral center. Specialty referral service emphasis exists in cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics and cancer. The hospital has an average daily inpatient census of 160 with approximately 15,000 admissions per year. Outpatient visits exceed 50,000 and there are also more than 24,000 annual emergency department visits.
Best known for its world-class cardiovascular program, Aspirus Wausau Hospital also provides leading edge cancer, trauma, women's health, and spine and neurological care.
As an Aspirus team, we demonstrate caring, we plan to impact the future, work with happiness and enthusiasm, recognize our power to make a difference and improve the health of our communities.
Click on the following links: Learn more about Wausau click here: Wausau, Wisconsin