POSITION SUMMARY: Performs a variety of accounting activities related to analyzing diverse and detailed financial information. Prepares a variety of related documentation and/or reports for management review.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews monthly activity in the Patient Accounting, Accounts Payable, Payroll, General Ledger and Medical Practice Management modules of the computer system. Assists in resolving identified problems. May assist with other modules as needed.
- Prepares financial statements, balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected clinical financial position.
- Inputs and verifies clinical entries to general ledger (deposits, disbursements, cash applications adjustments, etc.). Reviews or reconciles general ledger accounts for month and year-end reports. Prepares revenue and expense accruals to reflect financial position.
- Prepares accounting spreadsheets and analyses which are required for management, the annual financial audit, and the Medicare and Medicaid cost reports. Completes Nursing Home Medicaid cost report.
- Works directly with auditors and consultants as needed.
- In coordination with the Clinic Director and Supervisor, develops and analyzes accounting information for the clinic annual operating budget and the annual capital budget.
- Inputs monthly clinical revenue and expense activity into the physician bonus model. Performs individual physician bonus accruals based on the above financial information and ties individual clinics back to the general ledger.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and yearly physician bonus income statement, records and production and supervising physician bonus reports for review by the VP of Physician & Clinical Services, CFO and related physicians. Creates ad hoc physician bonus reports as requested.
- Accumulates statistical and financial data for inclusion in surveys and healthcare informational databases.
- Compiles and reports statistics to Administration and Directors. Prepares statistical reports and graphs for review by the CFO.
- Performs gift shop accounting function, including deposit of cash receipts, disbursement of checks, preparation of income statements and balance sheets, and filing the monthly sales and use tax report. Completes ad hoc reports as requested.
- Completes annual property tax returns.
- Performs certain job duties in Supervisor’s absence as requested by Supervisor/CFO.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three to five years related experience preferred.
- Reports directly to the Accounting Supervisor.
- Works closely with Business Office and Finance department staff.
- Works regularly with the department directors.
- Due to the nature of the position, will work with all employees of the hospital on an occasional basis.
- Work is performed largely in a pleasant hospital environment with minimal chance for personal injury.
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Frequently required to sit, stand or walk.
- Required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of department supplies and equipment.
- Requires specific vision abilities for far vision, near vision, depth perception, colors, accommodation and peripheral vision.
- Vision correctable to 20/40.
Acknowledgement: This job description/evaluation describes the general nature and level of work performed by an employee assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the department manager or administration. All requirements are subject to change over time and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.