|Category:||Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant/CRNA|
|Facility:||Divine Savior Healthcare|
|Department:||DS Portage Family Medicine|
|Job Details:||Nurse Practitioner License Required |
Some experience required
In collaboration with a licensed physician, provides primary health care services to patients; attends patients, performs examinations, and delivers other services to patients as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Attends patients to obtain a personal medical history, performs an appropriate physical examination, and records pertinent data.
2. Instructs and counsels patients on physical and mental health, including diet, disease, treatment and normal growth and development. Provides patient and family education.
3. Obtains, evaluates, interprets lab results, and other routine diagnostic studies as appropriate. Provides follow-up with collaborating physician and patients as needed.
4. Prepares written prescription orders for drugs in accordance with specified procedures.
5. Documents in medical record, patient care to include, but not limited to, vital signs, current medications, allergies, compliance and response to treatment, and significant medical history.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Degree from an accredited Nurse Practitioner program.
Current Wisconsin RN and Nurse Practitioner licenses.
Current American Heart Association BLS or American Red Cross CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care Providers Certification. Non-certified employees must attain certification within 60 days of employment in position.