|Job Details: ||Some experience required |
POSITION SUMMARY: Uses mechanical, technical, physical and communication skills in order to maintain a safe, reliable and comfortable healthcare environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts routine preventative and predictive maintenance on critical utility systems and components such as Steam Boilers, Heaters, HVAC, Fire Systems, Environmental Systems, Electrical Systems, Chillers, Phone Systems, Security Systems, Closed Loop, RO and Water Softener Systems.
- Conducts predictive analysis on critical systems using thermal, vibration, ultrasonic, tribology, visual inspection and electrical testing to prevent systems failures and down time.
- Maintains all sub systems and building components in proper working order such as but not limited to Electronic Doors, Elevators, Lighting/Ballasts, Plumbing/Fixtures, Heaters, Blowers, Ice Machines, Lifts and Wheelchairs etc. Makes recommendations for needed repairs beyond the capacity of the department.
- Completes basic work orders such as but not limited to minor repairs, painting, installing of office furniture, changing out lights, ceiling tiles, floor tiles, carpet repairs, wallpaper repairs, installing laminate counters and cabinets, basic phone lines and wall jacks, pulls phone and data cable, performs basic welding and fabrication.
- Works with various groups of vendors for advanced repairs and problem solving with utility equipment. Works with contractors on capitol projects such as remodels and new construction.
- Manages/organizes tools, parts, supplies and critical spares efficiently.
- Reads blueprints, finish schedules, vendor manuals and manufacturer's manuals on system components and equipment.
- Participates in and makes visual inspections to ensure compliance with State, Federal, JCAHO, OSHA, NFPA, CMS rules and regulations. Assists with Statement of Conditions inspections and JCAHO inspection corrections.
- Monitors Environmental Controls and makes basic adjustments as needed within the systems.
- Keeps all chemical inventories safe, properly stored and follows Haz-Mat safety guidelines when storing, handling, cleaning up or disposing of hazardous materials.
- Keeps Fleet Vehicles clean and in good running order. Reports any accidents or repairs immediately.
- Assists with Grounds, Courier and Patient Transports duties when needed.
- Keeps shop area organized, neat and clean. Keeps work sites neat and cleans up after work is completed.
- Complies with all state and federal recommendations, maintains a safe work practice and remains current with new technology.
- Is available within 30 minutes in response to trouble calls when scheduled as the on-call person and deals with problems upon arrival.
- Performs lock out/tag out on equipment and follows all safety requirements in the department.
- Uses accepted body mechanics when performing work duties.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree in a maintenance field or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school.
- Three years experience in maintenance related field.
- Experience with HVAC and environmental controls systems.
- Experience with the operation and maintenance of high-pressure boilers and auxiliary equipment.
- Ability to operate a variety of hand tools.
- Maintains ness to detecting malfunctioning equipment and fire and safety hazards.
- Experience in reading and interpreting mechanical and electrical drawings.