|Job Details: ||Some experience required |
POSITION SUMMARY: Assists director with a variety of clerical duties related to department operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Types and prepares correspondences, forms, policies and procedures.
- Performs receptionist duties.
- Prepares and maintains pertinent records, reports, statistics, files and other documents as required for department operations.
- Prepares staff schedules under the direction of department director.
- Maintains competency records, employee requests and timekeeper editing documents.
- Assists in coordinating fulfillment of work orders.
- Distributes organization mail.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- 1-3 years experience or training in a secretarial field is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge and/or working experience using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Reports directly to the Environmental Services and Materials Management Directors.
- Works closely with all environmental services and materials management staff.
- Regular contact with patient care and other department staff.
- Work is performed largely in a pleasant hospital environment with minimal chance for personal injury.
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes, extreme cold and extreme heat.
- Frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Frequently required to sit and stand.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel and crouch.
- Required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequently required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds of department supplies and equipment.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds of department supplies and equipment.
- Requires specific vision abilities for far vision, near vision, depth perception, colors, accommodation and peripheral vision.
- Vision correctable to 20/40.
Acknowledgement: This job description/evaluation describes the general nature and level of work performed by an employee assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the department manager or administration. All requirements are subject to change over time and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.