|Job Details: ||Bachelor of Science |
Occupational Therapist or Physical Therapist
5+ years experience required
Position Summary: Responsible for directions and daily management of the Rehab Services Department, including Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Athletic Training. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: (1) Ensures services for patients and residents of all ages are in accordance with organization policies and procedures; (2) Develops, organizes, implements and evaluates all therapy programs; (3) Supervises all rehab services staff; (4) Oversees day-to-day operations of the Rehab Services department in the hospital, nursing home and community settings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs staff and schedules work to facilitate effective and efficient patient care.
- Provides leadership and vision for development of new programs, services and long-term goals for the rehab services department.
- Performs the duties of Therapist within the scope of licensure.
- Investigates and takes appropriate actions to resolve department and personnel issues.
- Develops, revises, reviews and updates all policies and procedures for the department.
- Ensures all department employees meet education and licensing requirements.
- Plans, researches and requests purchases for department equipment and supplies.
- Researches, develops and obtains contracts with outside agencies to provide or receive services and/or meet regulatory requirements.
- Prepares and maintains pertinent records, reports, statistics, files and other documents for the department and regulatory/licensing agencies.
- Coordinates development and provision of clinical rotation for students.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy or related healthcare program.
- Current Wisconsin license as an Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapist or other appropriate field.
- Current American Heart Association BLS or American Red Cross CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care Providers Certification. Non-certified employees must attain certification within 60 days of employment in position.
- Valid Wisconsin Drivers' License and proof of insurability required if driving.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience with management experience preferred.
- Reports directly to the Vice President of Physician & Clinical Services.
- Direct reports include Physical and Occupational Therapists, Physical and Occupational Therapist Assistants, Athletic Trainers, Rehab Aides and support staff.
- Extensive contact with patients, caregivers and family members.
- Frequent contact with physicians, nursing staff and community support agencies.
- Regular contact with health information personnel.
- Occasional contact with environmental services and purchasing personnel, vendors, general public, civic organization, insurance carriers and patients' employers.
- Work is performed largely in a pleasant hospital, nursing home, school or home environment with minimal chance for personal injury.
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock and vibration.
- Occasionally has exposure to hazardous material and exposure to blood and body fluids.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Occasionally required to sit or climb.
- Required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of department supplies and equipment.
- Occasionally may need to move patients and/or equipment of more than 100 pounds.
- Requires specific vision abilities for far vision, near vision, depth perception, colors, accommodation and peripheral vision.
- Vision correctable to 20/40.
Acknowledgement: This job description/evaluation describes the general nature and level of work performed by an employee assigned to this
position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the department manager or administration. All requirements are subject to change over time and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.